Stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese and bacon. That’s right. It tastes as good as it sounds, and I can’t wait for you to try it. This delicious recipe features a cream cheese filling with sauteed spinach, garlic powder, and shredded mozzarella cheese, married with …
Tag: Home Cooking
How to make a delicious breakfast casserole with simple ingredients. Quick & Easy Breakfast Casserole I absolutely love breakfast casseroles, frittatas, scrambles, you name it. What could be better than a one-pot breakfast dish with your favorite fillings? It’s easy, usually quick, and uses up …
I found a new way to use Crescent Roll dough, and I’m so excited. Hot Crescent Sandwiches. We are right in the middle of this pandemic, and I have resorted to buying whatever food we can find these days. Also, more cost efficient food that is easy and versatile.
Pillsbury Crescent dough is affordable, and you can do almost anything with it. Appetizers, snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I have seen so many fun recipes for these, and I can’t wait to experiment and make my own. Every time I think of making anything else with this dough, my boyfriend begs for these hot sandwiches. One day I will be able to experiment and make something new!
Luckily, this magical dough is extremely versatile and can be used in so many different ways. I wanted to make a “Hot Pocket” type situation, so I used what I had on hand and made it with lunch meat and bacon. The point of these things is to use what you’ve got, so get creative! Result: Hot Crescent Sandwiches.
I like to roll this dough out with a rolling pin to get more bang for my buck. It results in a lighter crust and yields more servings. I always use parchment paper to avoid ripping or losing any dough.
Using the Crescent dough, I also made these incredible Blueberry Cheesecake Pastries. You can make sweet or savory recipes with this dough. I can’t wait to experiment more! I’m thinking of a breakfast one soon, I’ll let you know. We have had these sandwiches three times in the last few weeks because they are so easy, and so darn good.
What are your favorite ways to use this easy, pre-made dough? I love to hear about new and creative ideas!
Hot Crescent Sandwiches
- 1 Container Crescent Roll Dough 8 oz
- 8 oz lunch meat I used turkey and ham
- 4 slices bacon cut in half, fully cooked
- 4 slices cheese I used cheddar
- 2 tbsp whol grain mustard or your favorite sandwich spread
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove dough from container and unroll. Separate into four rectangles. Use a little water to mend any separated pieces together.
- Using parchment paper on both sides of the dough and a rolling pin, roll out the dough in both directions to create a slightly larger rectangle. Be careful not to roll too thin.
- Spread mustard, or sandwich spread, on one half of each of the rectangles, being careful to leave the edges dry.
- Divide lunch meat evenly among four sandwiches. Fold up the lunch meat into smaller squares and place on top of the sandwich spread. Put two half slices bacon on top of the lunch meat, and the cheese on top of the bacon.
- Fold the dough over to meet edges, use a little water and a fork to make sure all edges are sealed.
- Bake at 350° F for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for five minutes before enjoying.
- Placing fillings on one half of the dough, and folding it over to seal.
- Placing fillings in the middle of the dough, and folding over each other to seal.