Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning
If you live in the United States, chances are you or someone in your family is obsessed with ranch dressing. And then the ranch seasoning packets were introduced, and they were a game changer. An easy, convenient and delicious way to season foods was born.
I use this homemade ranch seasoning for a TON of recipes. First, I started making it for my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip because I didn’t want a pre-made ranch dressing. It has so many unnecessary ingredients in it! There are plenty of condiments that we can make on our own, much healthier and even more tasty.
This ranch mix can be made with or without the powdered buttermilk. For paleo or dairy free recipes, you can omit the buttermilk. If using the powdered buttermilk in this recipe, store the ranch seasoning in the refrigerator. Also, be sure to store the buttermilk powder in the refrigerator after opening.
The great thing about this seasoning is that you can use it wet or dry. You can season vegetables and meat with the dry mix, and even add it into anything as a seasoning. Add mayo, sour cream, or fresh buttermilk to the seasoning mix for a dressing or a dip. Again, if you plan to use fresh buttermilk in this recipe you can omit the buttermilk powder.
Here are some great ways to use this miracle ingredient:
- Sprinkle over vegetables before roasting them
- Use as a dry-rub seasoning for chicken or pork chops
- Season any type of potatoes – roasted, mashed, french fries, hashbrowns
- Mix with pasta dishes or macaroni and cheese
- Incorporate into a rice or noodle casserole
- Flavor your dips, like my unbelievable Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken wing seasoning
- Stir into chicken, egg or tuna salad
- Add to warm crackers or chips
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Dry Buttermilk Powder optional, you can mix this ranch into real buttermilk to make ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Dried Dill
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dried Chives
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Store in the refrigerator until the expiration date of the dry buttermilk. If not using buttermilk, you can store in an air tight container with your other spices.
- To make ranch dressing, mix ¼ cup ranch mix with ½ cup of
sour cream, and ½ cup of buttermilk. For thicker consistency, use less buttermilk.
- To make keto, make ranch mix without the dried buttermilk.
To make keto ranch, mix ¼ cup ranch mix with ½ cup of sour cream and ½ cup of heavy whipping cream. For thicker consistency, use less heavy cream.