Chocolate Mug Cake and Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Chocolate Mug Cake with Cinnamon CBD Whipped Cream
Who doesn’t love chocolate cake? It’s my favorite dessert and something I crave the most. A mug cake is the best option for me, otherwise I would eat way more cake than I need to! The cinnamon whipped cream pairs perfectly with the chocolatey cake in a mug.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of whipped cream. I find that making more helps it whip better, especially in the stand mixer. Fortunately, the whipped cream holds well in the fridge for a week (not that it ever really hangs around for that long!). If you don’t want as much, just make less. I’m sure it will work out!
I used a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for this recipe, but a hand mixer works just as well. A regular sized coffee mug also works best for this recipe. If using an over-sized mug, it will only be half-filled with cake. On the other hand, you have more room for ice cream and whipped cream! The mug cake goes into the microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds. If you find that is too long for your microwave, try 1 minute 10 seconds.
See below for the Chocolate Mug Cake recipe and the Cinnamon Whipped Cream recipe.
Chocolate Mug Cake
- Coffee mug
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup milk or nut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients besides chocolate chips until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour batter into a regular 8-12oz coffee mug.*
- Microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Let cool for a few minutes before adding Cinnamon Whipped Cream on top.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 8 oz heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Place a medium to large mixing bowl in the refrigerator an hour before making the whipped cream.
- Add all ingredients to the chilled mixing bowl, and mix on high speed using the whisk attachment, or with your hand mixer.
- Whip cream mixture for 3-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form and it looks like whipped cream. Do not overmix or you could be looking at cinnamon butter!
- Enjoy on top of your Chocolate Mug Cake, or anything you desire!